Wednesday, January 20, 2010

101 things in 1001 days

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

So I have set 101 tasks to complete in 1001 days. Some will be easy for me such as:

1. See a movie in 3D
18. Watch the sun set
52. Take dance classes

Others will be a bit more challenging:

40. Lose 10 Kgs
81. Do not log into facebook for at least 2 days per week
99. Bake a dessert once per month

And then others will really stretch me:

31. Join the SES
34. Do the 10 km walk in the Gold Coast marathon
36. Put all my photos in a photo albums

And then those that I really wonder what I am doing!!

62. Climb Mt Warning!
69. Eat 3 pieces of fruit each week day!
77. 2 AFD's (alcohol free days) each week!

Anyway I will update on my progess weekly - I'm sure I'll learn alot about myself and those around me!!

Task 89 - Watch 50 of the top 100 films from www.films101.com this is in progress -



first film I watched was Gone with the Wind (borrowed the film from the library and I have a few more on hold). First time I watch this movie - long but enjoyable!

No comments: