Sunday, October 05, 2008

Lemon Tree

We are now well and truly into Spring and the weather has really warmed up. We are not the best gardeners around, but we are going to give it our best shot this Spring to spruce our fairly new garden up and keep it going. We are also going to try our hand at growing some fruit trees. We have done this in the past with some success. So I have purchased a lemon tree that can be grown in a pot:

Looking very healthy under the pergola.


A new dwarf variety that doesn't use much water - thank goodness as I think we are back on water restrictions next week!


Still looking very healthy - let's hope it stays that way!


We have some flowers so hopefully fruit won't be too far away!


So the first thing I am going to make when we get lemons is........lemonade of course!! You know the saying 'When life hands you lemons - make lemonade'. Well we have been thrown a lemon and lemonade we shall make - just in time for what will be a very hot summer!!

Paul is unaware of my (our) gardening adventures, he returns on Friday. But I'm sure he'll enjoy tending to the gardens as much as I do - hehehe!

Happy weekend to you all

No comments: